Monday, March 23, 2009

Vacuum and belly buttons

This is the start of our family blog. Sorry it is ugly right now but I don't know how to do the cute backgrounds and such yet. I don't know how to do any of it yet and am surprised I figured this much out. He he. This is how Appleseed and I spend most nights till 12am or 2am, of course it is usually me sitting there holding him. He has colic and loves the vacuum. He is calm while it is running and sometimes I swear he has fallen asleep but if I turn it off he will jerk awake and start crying again. It is not really a cry, more like a scream. My husband complained about me burning out the motor but I told him that as long as Appleseed is not crying then who cares.


Here are my three cuties belly buttons. As you can see Little Appleseed's is a bit bigger. He has a herniated umbilical. My girl, Butterbean had one when she was a baby but hers healed itself. She now has an outie which is cute. Butterball was my only child without one. And if you can believe it he was my big baby when he was born, 7lbs 9oz. Apparently hernia's happen to pre-term and low birth weight babies which Butterbean and Appleseed both were. Appleseed will have to have surgery to fix his because he is in the 5% that it won't heal itself. It is getting too big too fast and we feel is causing him pain. I am not excited to have my baby go through surgery but it will be for the better in the end. His surgery will be April 20. Your prayers for us would be appreciated so I don't die of stress before it. I just hope it helps with his colic he has a night too. One can hope so.

5 comments:

  1. Poor sweet little guy. That hernia does not look comfortable..ouch! I will keep him in my prayers. Hope all goes well with surgery. Sutton had hernia surgery at 2. It was actually not bad. They heal so fast! So glad you are blogging...very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, now that is a cute picture! I love it! I love the nicknames for your kids. That's hilarious! I'm so excited that you have a blog now. You're awesome. Email me your phone number again. I'll call you and tell you how to get the blog background and even do a scrapbook looking thingy like Sonia and I have. It's so easy and...well...super addicting. You might not thank me for it. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start! We will be praying for you both. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't really need cute backgrounds when you have such darling children. I only check-in to see the cutie-patooties! Go ahead and learn how for your own enjoyment...Lara set up my original one and I haven't the enthusiasm to change it yet. :) We add our prayers for the baby.

    ReplyDelete