Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Candy Sale

I thought I would try a new idea this year. I let the kids have free rain with their Halloween candy for two days and then told them that they could sell me the rest and take the money to go buy a toy. Butterbean of course had to think about it as she is a major candy fiend. But they finally jumped on board. Butterbean had a hard time dividing her candy up into what she wanted and what she wanted to sale. But she finally made it. I was actually pleasantly surprised with her final decision. The pile on the floor is the one she wanted to keep. And the bowl is what she is selling to me.And I was not surprised at all my Butterball's decision. The single candy bar is what he is keeping. So precious. And for those of you that gave them a ton of candy.....don't get mad because it all went to a good cause. We mailed it to my friend who is over in Iraq. I bet her and the other troops will enjoy it a lot.Here is the toys that they bought with their money. It was a good deal I thought and the kids were super excited to pick out some new toys.

3 comments:

  1. That's a great idea! My mom always ate my candy. I can't get rid of it nor will I eat it. So she'd just come in and get a few pieces every once and a while. It worked out well for me. I'm not a candy/chocolate person. Now a bag of chips... I'll NEVER pass up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. at babes house his mom has a candy tax so for the price of living in her home and for her to take you out trick or treating you have to give her a sertin amount of candy without a fight or more gets taken away. i remember just giving the candy i didnt like to my mom cause i knew she liked it and wanted it and i was NEVER going to eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an excellent idea! I wish I had thought of something like that.

    ReplyDelete