Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The FINAL injury?

First off I need to apologize to my husband. I know I will not do this post justice as it still makes me very upset to even look at the pictures.

He was on a snowmobile trip in the mountains. It is so beautiful up there.I think this is the hardest picture for me. Seeing his beautiful smile before he was hurt.The evil rock that jumped out and bit him. He had gone down a hill to help some customers and when he was coming back up he hit this rock that was covered by snow.He triaged himself and told his volunteer, BD what to look for while one of the customers took notes. Another customer rode up the mountain to try and get a signal to call 911. It makes me glad we do have cell phones. Thank you BD, your awesome.I bet this was kind of cool to see. He had the customers place their snowmobiles in a large T so that life flight could locate them easier.He was trying to give the life flight people instructions on what NOT to do and they had to tell him to shut up and let them do their job.Our wonderful friend and her daughter showed up to my house and the first thing she said to me was, "Has the base called you yet?" I said, " Oh no. What happened?" I am afraid seeing her come to my house will give me anxiety now. :) It was wonderful of her to come just a couple days after having knee surgery and give me the news and drive me to the hospital. Thank you so much D. You are an awesome person! Love you tons.My poor drugged up husband with the kids visiting him at the hospital.
So he ended up having 4 broken ribs (those xrays were GROSS), a broken right wrist, and a banged up left knee that we are actually getting ready to have surgery on tomorrow. Someone told me that it was only broken ribs so why was I so upset. My husband has been injured so much lately that to me it is another set back on the ladder to him being whole. And was very frightening to me.

I love you dearly hon and I am so glad that you are alive though broken. You are so amazing and an inspiration to us.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness....sounds terribly painful. SO glad he is going to be okay.

    ReplyDelete