Saturday, July 17, 2010

Grandpa's Birthday Surprise

My son decided to give his Grandpa P some birthday presents. He picked them out himself and wrapped them. He has them in this big garbage sack. I had to convince him to put them back in the cart to carry them closer to the house. My little Santa Clause here.Watching Granda open his presents. They were some kids books and some pants that were "too big for me so Ganpa can gow into them."My big kids posing with Grandpa.See that smile? Melts my heart everytime. He was so proud of himself and so excited. My daughter gave Grandpa the idea to decorate his bedroom with them as they are "antique pants". And that is exactly what they did. The pants fit him OK but he is very very picky about clothes. And if he is anything like his sister then there is no way Grandpa can give them back to us anytime soon. They have elephant memories.Showing Mommy how big he is. Those shorts......fit him perfectly. Hard to find because he is so small for his age. I couldn't believe how well they fit so I checked the tag. They are my babies 12M pants! So funny! He now checks his pants labels and will say, "Yep these are my big boy size." He can't read them but even when he wears the 18M shorts that fit him great I just smile and tell him they are his size.

2 comments:

  1. I just love the pics with the kids and Ralph. Such happiness in families makes me smile all over. I think we need to plan a time together for family. Maybe this coming Saturday afternoon as part of a 24th celebration we could have a big pot luck at my house in the back yard. How does that sound? Let's try to make it happen ok? We'd have your Mom and Dad and whoever else could come... sorta like we did on the 4th of July 2 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love and miss your kids so much!!! Sure wish I didn't work so much so I could come see them more.

    ReplyDelete