Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My step-son and his wife came to visit us. It was so amazing to see them. This was the first time I met his wife and I haven't seen my son in 10 years or so.

My daughter was staying with her grandparents for a week so they stopped off to visit them and see her also. He got her ATV going which she loved!I was worried about Butterball as he sometimes does not do well with strangers but he did amazing for most of the time. Course it could have been the money burning a hole in his pocket that he couldn't wait to take to the Air Force Museum. The minute my son and his wife showed up Butterball was pushing us to go to the museum. Thankfully they were game to go along.Appleseed was so cute with them. He would walk right up and reach for their hands. I loved seeing it.After the whirlwind tour of the museum from Butterball we took them out to dinner. It took a long time for it, it felt like. Here is Appleseed waiting for his pizza.Butterball bought a plane that you wind up and it flies, or is supposed to. It has been a very frustrating toy for him and has caused a lot of tantrums.After visiting I gathered them for pictures of course. My oldest son with his wife and my youngest son. I love it.After a long and very stimulating day Butterball was done. We had forced him out of his room, from under his bed, to take pictures. After I saw these it made me sick. I will never willingly force him like that again. He was tired and had had a lot going on that day and had had enough. It breaks my heart to look at his face in this picture.My husband with his son's. I thought these pictures would be like all the others with Butterball where he is usually crying but these just tear me to pieces looking at how miserable he is.I am so thankful they took their time to come and visit us. My son is only 3 years younger than me but started calling me Mom awhile ago. I have really loved it. And he is always good at calling me on Mother's Day. It warms my heart. We love you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment