Friday, August 26, 2011

Alms for the poor?

I was driving to a friends house to give her some money ($4). Butterbean asked me why I was giving her the money. I told her that she had bought something for me and I was now paying her back for it. Here is what came next.
Butterbean: "Did she ask you for the money?"
Me: "No, but that is what you do is if someone gets something for you that you asked them to get you pay them back the money."
Butterbean: "We can't afford to give her that money."
Butterball: "Yeah, look at them. They are wich. They have a house and a van."
Me: "We have a house and a van."
Butterball: "But we need the money cuz we are poor and they are wich."

This same "wich" friend of mine has a basement and he was telling her how he could not go in her basement to play. She turned on the light as that was one of the complaints of how dark it was. Then he proceeded to tell her how we don't live in that kind of house as we are not wich. Because one day we went to Lagoon and got food there and now we can't afford things. We went 2 years ago and apparently I should have NOT got the ice cream cones at that place as now 2 years later, we still can't afford things. At least in his eyes. Wonder if they hear from Mom a lot that we can't afford things. :)

One more note before I forget even though this is an -ism. For Family Home Evening I had asked Appleseed to repeat the thought after me. The lesson was about measuring our spiritual growth. Part of the thought was choosing the right. When I said that part this is what Appleseed said, "Choose the wight...the wight...train coming down the track!" Yes he is OBSESSED with trains.

1 comment:

  1. I was talking to him today and suddenly he turned away from me and said, "Train is coming!" :)

    ReplyDelete