Sunday, March 7, 2010

Finding Joy

Can we find joy in our trials and our sufferings? I think so. That is just one of the many wonderful things that were taught in my Relief Society lesson at church today. The teacher is one of my favorites. I know my daughter found joy in our recent trial. When her Dad was injured almost 2 weeks ago she was crying but happy that he would be home with us for awhile. And yes it had been very difficult to have him hurt again but I also have enjoyed being with him more. For those of you that have not heard about it I am waiting for some more pictures so I can do a good post about it. :)

Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with family and friends. - President Thomas S Monson. Such an incredible thought. Do you relish your life? I know I don't as often as I should. I don't relish the drawings on the walls, the piles of laundry, the toys that I step on. Yet before I know it my children will be grown up and gone and I won't have those things. And I will miss them. Or so I have been told.

Another wonderful thing that we learned was that when someone does something awful to us that we don't need to say it is OK that they did that awful thing, but we can turn it over to the Lord. I have always been amazed at the parents of the children in the Amish school shooting, I think back in 2001. They were able to go to the shooters family and tell them that they forgave him for what he had done. Could you do that? I don't know if I could but I like to think I could.

Jesus and me are BFF forever. I love you Jesus.So here is a goal for the week: Send a note to someone you appreciate or a note to someone you have not spoken with in awhile. Tell the people in your life you love them every chance you get. Be the Lords BFF. And relish life!

D & C 46:7 - doing all things with prayer and thanksgiving...

1 comment:

  1. I love this post. And the BFF letter is so cute! Missed you tonight. I have a hard time coming over when we do not get out of church until 4 pm. And BTW your ad lied...said tatoo pics and it was Ford cars. Whats up with that? I wonder if my ad lies too?

    ReplyDelete