Saturday, March 20, 2010

Need any lettuce?

Here is my purchase from this morning's Bountiful Basket. Beside the normal fruit and vegetables I purchased a 2 lb bag of granola (which I am enjoying right now with some strawberries) and 5 loaves of 9 grain bread (pictured is only 4 as I gave one away to my sister). It was only $36.50 for all of this. I have not researched exactly how much it would be at the store but I know it would be more. Last week I ate at least 4 - 6 servings of fresh vegetables every day. Every day! And that is not including the servings of fruit. Crazy! I don't remember the last time I ate this healthy. The only thing I didn't tackle a whole bunch is that lettuce I got last week. And now I have more. he he. My sister joked that someone wanted her to lose weight. I think I am included in that. :) I said we better start eating salad for 3 meals a day. Hmmmmmmm......when I stay at my sister-in-law's and she has made salad I would eat it as a snack, for meals, snacks, more snacks. It was so good. Maybe I need to make it like hers. :) Hopefully all this will help with my weight loss goal. Thanks to my neighbor for printing out my receipts for me the last two weeks. You can have the pick of the table girl! Obscure fruit/veggie that I can't wait to try? Kumquats. Yeah! Now if only I could get my family to enjoy this stuff as much as I do. :(

2 comments:

  1. where is that place? We love all that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have Bountiful Baskets down here. Sonia tipped me off about it...the only problem is...Mark and I can't eat that much ha! Happy healthy eating!

    ReplyDelete