Monday, August 16, 2010

Camping - Day 1

It was time for our Annual Family camp out. I seriously love it and can not wait till next year. Those L's know how to camp right I tell you.

First off the trip down to E town was crazy. My baby threw up 5 times in the normally 2 1/2 hour drive. Very not cool. Poor guy. I had to wash all the towels and the car seat the minute we arrived.

The next day we got ready and left for the mountains. My oldest two got to ride in the back of my sister's truck. They love it and it helps with their car sickness. Baby rode with me, windows down the whole dusty way, and with the help of some medicine he made it the whole way without throwing up. Big surprise!We played Trail Master the first day. I love that game. Then my nephew climbed very high up this dead tree. Before my husband made him come down I quickly took a picture. Man do I need a better camera. :) Once I saw it I actually wanted to climb it myself. :)My niece celebrated her upcoming birthday. As my kids and one nephew can not have dairy I made us some brownies instead. I thought it went well but my baby apparently wanted that cake. People had put their plates with small bits of cake into the fire pit for when we started a fire later. He went in the pit several times and ate quite a bit of cake. Every time you turned around he was eating some. Silly guy.My baby was quite the fire wood collector. It was precious to see him carrying these small little sticks and trying to throw them in the fire.My big boy was a major wood collector. Nothing was going to stop him from getting wood after wood after wood. He loved it.It was a blast. There was only 4 of us sisters so hopefully we will have more next year and also the married nieces. That would be great! Hint hint!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun trip! Your kids are darling...that little guy is seriously SO cute...want to kiss those cheeks!

    ReplyDelete