Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Garden

My garden. What can I say. It has been the most troublesome thing this year. First off my baby mixed up the seedlings and took out the signs so it was a guess of what was what when I planted them. I had several flower plants in my seedlings but not many flowers in the garden. At the beginning I just let things go because I was not sure if it was a garden item, flower, or a weed. Then when I started realizing I started the insane process of weeding. Or should I say trying to weed. I do have a very large marigold plant that I love. I would totally do one that big again. Not sure how it happened but I like it.This is one view. My tomato plants are almost as tall as I am. They are EVERYWHERE. I later learned you are supposed to take out all old plants from the prior year so they don't sprout up new plants the next year. I have way too many and way too close. Several don't have cages on them as I just didn't get them on there in time.And the other view. There is a TON of weeds still, sad to say. I just can't get to it and I got very overwhelmed. My grass in my yard is considered a weed, Bermuda grass, and weeds do not process well in a home made compost. So I had a ridiculous amount of grass growing in the garden. Now that I have found out I don't put grass in my compost if it is the Bermuda kind. And please ignore the crazy weeds in the lawn too. I just can't seem to get to it all.I had a few vines that I did not know what was on them. I wandered around and found 4 good size cantaloupes. I am excited about that.And a couple, I think, watermelons. Excited about that too. Yippee!This is my massively huge broccoli plant. At least I was sure it was.And there it is. My teeny tiny broccoli head inside this huge plant. So funny.I have several of these throughout the garden. I have had people tell me it is a green bean plant. I have not found one green bean on any of them. Hmmmmm...And I have several regular pumpkin and dwarf pumpkin plants. And this is my only one growing. Sob. I don't think I will have enough for the Halloween season.I have big plans for my garden next year. At least I hope I can do it. :)

1 comment:

  1. Your garden is much better than mine. The only things that grew well for me this year is tomatoes, peas and those darn carrots. Doesn't help that I'm only home three nights a week to tend to it and I usually forget about it on those nights. I miss my little gardner daughter.

    ReplyDelete