Sunday, August 22, 2010

Camping Day 2

Sorry it has taken me forever to get this one posted. I have been so sick and darn computer was not loading stuff.

This is how Appleseed started Day 2. Cuddled up all nice and warm. There was this tree that was stuck in between two other trees and we had been joking how the kids should try and use it as a teeter totter. Later we decided to get it down. Crazy but it was fun and took a lot of work.My hubby and I getting ready for our ride. I seriously LOVE trail bikes. It is such a rush. I had a blast and it was fun to be with just hubby for a bit. Thanks to my sweet family for watching my kiddos.We went hiking later (seriously typing this makes me realize how much we did that day, it was awesome). We went to this waterfall. The kids loved playing in the water and the older ones went behind the waterfall. So cool. My smart brother-in-law tried to tell me that I should stop at a smaller waterfall and let my little ones play there as the hike to this was a little hard. Ofcourse I didn't listen.This is what we had to climb up and down on the way to the waterfall from the top. This mountain of loose shale rock. It was crazy and I was surprised none of our kids got hurt.Then on the way back I was carrying Butterball on my back as he had had it and was tired. He is my whiner when it comes to walking, hiking, doing stuff. :) We started to fall and I decided to brace my fall with my head instead of my hands as they were holding Butterball. And this is the result. My sister saw me and came back down telling me I needed to wipe up the blood so I my son wouldn't see. I told her I had wiped it twice already but it wouldn't stop bleeding. My BIL (the one that suggested me and my kids stop at the smaller one, remember? Gee is he smart. :)) gave my sister his shirt which she very tightly tied to my head. We just pretended to the kids that I was hot and that was why I was wearing his shirt on my head.When we finally got back up my Nurse Jane Fuzzy Wuzzy sister cleaned out my wound. OUCH!!! And then glued me up as I did NOT want to quit camping to go and get stitches.I felt OK. I had a bad headache though. My sisters had me rest while they watched my baby and the others went to shoot guns.Thanks to my sisters for taking care of me and my kids up there. And thanks to my sister Y for most of the pictures on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment