Friday, May 6, 2011

Easter

Last year I discovered the awesomeness of naturally dying our Easter eggs. I was so excited. With my kids allergies to red dye I try to limit them when I can. So here I am boiling some beets and red cabbage for starters. I simmered them for a long time to get a more intense color. We also did hot peppers and coffee.This is what the red cabbage looked like after simmering forever. I thought it was so weird to see it stripped of so much color.And here are some of the eggs. The blue on the left is the red cabbage. I loved that it turned out blue from the purple dye. Then we have coffee, hot peppers, and beets. I am so glad we discovered this method and I will continue to do it that is for sure. I hope you all had a great Easter.

1 comment:

  1. I'm definitely never coming to your house when you die eggs. Sounds like your house probably smelled awful!!!

    ReplyDelete