Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Help needed

So I need some advice on this one. My Butterball is so wonderful, sweet, caring, sensitive, and helpful. But he is also the most confusing to me. I took him to school screaming today. I have had to do that more times than not in his 2 years of preschool. I would home school him more but even when it is time to do that he starts crying, whining, and runs away.Also he started sucking his thumb or chewing on his shirt. That was driving me nuts! I realized that it started after he stopped sleeping in our bed. He also stopped needing me to sit next to him when he watched TV or did things. So I was telling my husband that I think he had moved his security blanket from me to his thumb/shirt. That night he had him come sleep with us. He ended up sleeping 6 nights with us. Guess what? He STOPPED sucking his thumb and shirt. What? I am so lost as to what to do with him.I did give him a crystal rock and told him I had used my special magic powers to help him feel better when he needed it. And of course when he showed his sister she immediately told him there was no magic powers and that it was just a rock. Argh!Any ideas people? Because this Mom is LOST!

1 comment:

  1. What do you do when he screams for preschool? And as for the bed thing, buy yourself a new pillow and ask him if he wants to sleep with yours. See if that helps. Or if you are fond of your pillow just give him a new pillow with your pillow case, and just get yourself a new pillow case. Or maybe he just likes the pressure of you and your hubby squished against him, maybe get an oversized stuffed animal or a body pillow that he can squish against in his bed.

    ReplyDelete