Monday, December 21, 2009

Family Home Evening

Daddy wanted to go to bed and Appleseed kept following him so Dad stuck up the gate and tried to block him off with his toys. He got those toys moved around so he could get through and went right to the gate and tried to find Dad for awhile. It was so cute.Butterbean was in charge of reading the scriptures for Family Home Evening and read them all by herself. We were so proud of her. They are the kid version but still have some pretty big words. It was cute. She then wanted to discuss stealing as our topic as we have had a lot of trouble with her sneaking into food. I wouldn't let her discuss it though as I don't like to discuss a topic that is a recent problem in the home. So then she decided about "getting stealed".Butterball chose to have us watch a movie for our activity. So they cuddled with Dad to watch. They love doing that. I wish I was better at holding Family Home Evening. I really do believe that it brings the family closer and strengthens them. In these times I think we need to be strong as families. I think we will work on that this coming year.

1 comment:

  1. That's going to have to be a New Year's goal for us too. We are horrible at it.

    ReplyDelete