Friday, December 4, 2009

Butterbean

Me: So why do you try the foods at Aunt T's house?

Her: Cuz I know she will make me.

Me: But I will make you too.

Her: I know. But I know Dad won't make me. Plus she just has a better talent for cooking than you do.

We were setting up the Christmas tree and she said, "I can totally feel the spirit right now." So cute. Earlier that day she had told me, "I have the biggest and strongest spirit in the whole house." My girl that is the least nice in the family? Hmmmm....ok.

The vacuum has hurt her ears since she was little. So when it was her chore she wore her ear muffs to protect her ears.My daughter and friends sporting twinner hairstyles.She came out in this get up for dress-up. Cracked me up that she was filing her nails.And a close up so you can see the hair ball dangling from her glasses. he heMy daughter got her grades awhile back. All 3's and one 2.75 in penmanship. I have been giving her extra homework at home on a 1st grade level as she is very bright for her age. She does, sometimes, struggle with it or will get frustrated with it. But rarely. And depends on how tired she is. She can read on a grade level of 2.6 which is 2nd grade level I think. I was checking into moving her to the 1st grade after the last quarter. But after having heard what her teacher felt and praying about it we decided to keep her in Kindergarten. I was sad but am now OK. Her teacher said nothing that surprised me but disappointed me mostly. She said that intellectually she is ready for 1st grade but that emotionally she is not. She said she emotionally is a Kindergartner which made sense to me. And also that she would worry that she would struggle in 1st and would therefore struggle the rest of her life. She said if she stayed in Kindergarten she would be at the top of the class and would therefore be at the top of her class the rest of her life. So basically she likes the easy road which I already knew too. Darn. Oh well. I do now think this is the best but it was hard to get to that feeling.

1 comment:

  1. What a doll! Love the hairstyles.. she is totally a mini brooke!

    ReplyDelete