Thursday, April 22, 2010

Earth Day

When it finally stopped snowing the kids and I went out and planted some plants to celebrate Earth Day. It was fun.

In our compost we found a caterpillar that Butterbean claimed as a pet and named Squirmy.Here is Appleseed "helping". I know, what a pretty face.Then Butterball found a worm that he wanted for his pet. He named it Crawly. In this picture he is showing me how Crawly is giving him a hug. So cute.My kids between my two peach trees. They were planted last year. I didn't think the little one would make it but she did! Yeah!Butterball was so upset because we would not let "Crawly" come live in the house. He was so worried that he would get out of his jar and crawl away. Especially as it is Crawly #2 in the jar. Crawly #1 got loose when he was showing him the outside and he fell in the grass. But Butterball thinks he crawled to the backyard and dug another hole and that is where we found him, of course. He was crying and telling my husband that he could get out of the jar because "him have little hands". He had seen them. He is so precious.

1 comment: