Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Easter

My kids actually slept in and I was so worried I would miss their morning as I had to go get my Bountiful Basket. But they woke up just in time. Butterball, of course, threw a fit as he had one of Butterbean's eggs in his basket and we had taken it away. He dumped his eggs and scattered them all over. Lovely.Appleseed was so excited to have snuck into Butterbean's basket. I was glad I grabbed a picture before she found out.
His first whole mini chocolate bar. Boy was that a mistake. That is all he asks for now is chocolate. I can not wait for it to be out of the house.My sweet niece and nephew had been to an Easter Egg hunt earlier and decided to share their eggs with my kids. My sister made sure they were red dye free as we are newly-discovered dye sensitive. They came over and hid the eggs in our backyard. So nice! Here is Appleseed with his find.And all the kids together. Thank you so much kids! You are the best and we love you! Thanks Sis!Because of our dye sensitivity I didn't want to take a chance and so we decided to naturally dye our eggs this year. I am so glad we did. The instructions say to boil them in the juice or small cut up pieces but I juiced most of them and then added vinegar and then had the kids just dip them in that. My daughter at first was very mad and was not interested in doing it. She came around though. Here we are juicing our produce to make our dyes.I wrapped some in yellow and purple onion skins and boiled them. Most of the skins ended up falling off during the boiling process. Here is what they ended up looking like. I don't think I would boil the yellow and purple onion together next time. I think the yellow overpowered it all.Dying the eggs.Eating eggs as this one ended up dropping 3 on the floor so we had to eat them.And our final result. The beet and blueberry ones turned out good. I think next year we will boil them in the colors like we should have. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment