Tuesday, August 25, 2009

School starts and family fun.

It was my baby big girl's first day of school on Monday. It was so exciting for her and so sad for me. She had a good time and I was so proud of her. I just hate to see them getting older. She had her Kindergarten Assessment and was graded on a letter grade. I peeked at the paper and noticed she had all A's and one B. Turn out the B was in colors which I know she knows so that was odd. Later she told me the pink crayon looked like it had a purple wrapper and the purple crayon looked like a pink wrapper so she said the color of the wrappers. She also counted as far as she could which she did to 100. She can count past that so when I asked her why she had not counted past that she said, "That would have made my test very long." I love my cute smart girl. Thank you to my great neighbor for the school pictures. As my dumb camera is broke again, she let me borrow hers.Here we are with the neighbor kids that we walked with. They were so cute and helpful. They are the best kids.Today we went to visit my niece and her precious family. They are the best and we love them dearly. Here is Appleseed with his 2nd cousin. He was fascinated with this cute noisy thing with the great toy on her head.My nephew-in-law bounced the kids off their moon bag. It was awesome and they loved it. Too bad he couldn't have bounced me. he heThen we went to the zoo with my niece and her baby. Butterball spent most of the time crying. It was horrible but I decided that I need to start letting him cry when we are places so that maybe he would learn to WALK! Usually I get too sick of hearing him cry and carry him.I took this because I need to know if these are turtles or tortoise. Sis? It was a flipper with claws. Do all turtles have flipper with claws?
Then half way home we stopped to feed Appleseed and take a break to throw rocks in a lake. It is such a beautiful area. I was wishing we had more time so we could walk around the lake.
It was a great day! Thank you niece and family!

This is what Butterball did almost the whole time at the zoo. So much fun. Sorry again that it is sideways.

2 comments:

  1. Apparently it's a turtle. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun. Love all of the pics. Your kids are SO dang cute.

    ReplyDelete