Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Fun

We went to visit family for Memorial weekend. It was a long drive and the baby got hungry so I was trying to find a nice place to stop so the kids could play a little. Instead I found an old house and dragged them out to take pictures. Butterball, of course, refused and sat in the car.
We went to a festival and it was cold and raining. I did not pack any warm clothes so I bought Appleseed a sweatshirt and put my hat on him. He never minded. What a good boy.We got to see my niece and her husband and it was so nice as we have not seen them for a long time. Butterball adored her husband and had a good time playing with him.Butterbean chose a princess wand and crown at the festival which Butterball quickly put on and ran around the house wearing just that. Butterbean was mortified!
Appleseed got hungry on the way home so I found the actual place I was looking for on the way down and we stopped for my kids to have another break. They enjoyed playing on the playground and walking around.
It was a wonderful trip and we loved every minute of it. Well, most of it. At one point the kids were riding their bikes with a cousin down to a playground. They were overly tired as we don't sleep as well when we are not at home. Butterbean was being rude to her cousin so I took her off her bike and put her bike in the car. When I went to put her in the car too she ran away. Platform flip flops are not meant for chasing your children around in. I wish they would have come with that disclaimer when I bought them! Eventually I got her in the car with a lot of chasing, screaming, crying, and laughing. The laughing was done by the cousin who thought this was all hilarious. But we look forward to more fun adventures down there.

1 comment: