Friday, June 19, 2009

Train to Gateway

We rode the train to Gateway today for the Chalk Art Festival. Too bad for us they hadn't even started yet. I was bummed. Butterball saw some horses that he said "hi" to. EVERY SINGLE ONE! One of them, "wants to get on train wiff us. See him smiling at me with his teethes. See him saying he want to come on train. But him can't go to baffwoom on here cuz him have no bum." What?

On the walk to Gateway you walk past a homeless shelter which always creeps me out. One time I actually saw a guy squatting behind a garbage can doing drugs. So I told the kids to stay right next to me while we walked through the scarey area. Right as we are walking past tons of homeless my daughter asks if these are the scarey people. Nice!We did get to play in the water fountain there. They had a good time. Butterball said "the girls were showing their naked bums" because some had swimsuits on.As we were getting ready to leave they were starting the Chalk Art Ffestival so my kids got to draw their own chalk art.Afterwards Butterball got a balloon much to Butterbeans dismay.She was so upset about the balloon. She HATES balloons with helium. It is almost like a fear. She refused to walk near him and kept going on and on about how upset she was that he had a balloon. She kept telling him it was going to fly up into the sky and he would be so upset. He kept touching the balloon on her making her scream. She told me she never wants to go there to that "Art Spestibull" because of the balloons. Told her they were only here for the Festival. She said we could come back but not when the Spestibull is there.She was OK with that balloon as soon as the helium was gone. Very weird.
On the walk back to the train Butterball pointed to a homeless couple and said, "Them not berry nice strangers." What am I teaching my children?! All in all a pretty good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment