Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Wore out!

Butterbean is in a summer program to get her ready for Kindergarten. It is only an hour and 15 minutes a day, four days a week but she loves it. After the first day she told me they had wore her out! She said that several times. So after we got home I had her lay down and she fell asleep! That never happens. We do fight over what shoes I let her wear (no flip flops). Tried telling her it was a school rule till she pointed out other kids wearing them. They taught them to count to 1 today. She can count past 100. So on the way home she said, "Don't they know I can count to 1? Don't they know I can go higher? Why are they teaching me that?" I had to explain that not all the kids know how to do that so they are teaching them all the same thing. This will be interesting. My husband already wanted to know if they were holding her back developmentally.

First day of school.
She fell into the sand at the playground with her mouth apparently open. I of course had to grab the camera first.
I gave my kids some bologna for a snack and this is what they did with it. Cuties!

1 comment:

  1. My kids used to cut shapes out of the bologna with little cookie cutters. They called the cutters - bologna shapers.

    ReplyDelete