Sunday, July 12, 2009

Trapped?!?

Yesterday we were walking home from a church activity and Butterbean asked if she could race ahead on home. I had told her no that she needed to stay with us. She said, "I don't want to be trapped. Let me be free!" Isn't she a little young to feel that way already? Isn't she still supposed to adore her mother and want to spend all her time right next to her side? How in the world am I to do this when she becomes a teenager if already my 5 year old feels trapped?

2 comments:

  1. You should have reminded her of the kidnapper conversation you had the other day. And that running ahead of the family is not a "safe" thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness...after three straight hours of church...sometimes I feel "trapped" too! I'm sure it is no reflection on you, Brooke! LOL!
    Aunt G.

    ReplyDelete