Sunday, July 26, 2009

Another PG-13 post?

I was nursing my baby when Butterball was patting me asking why I had two of those. I told him that that is they way Heavenly Father made me. He said, "Well I don't yike that. I am going to talk to Him about that and have him give you just one." Butterbean heard and said, "Well, if you had two babies... (She is holding her arms out like she is holding two babies.) and you need to feed them. One would be nursing and then the other would have to nurse the other's head! (Still using her arms as if she has babies in them to help explain this to us.) So that is why you have to have two." So there you go. I bet you ladies were all wondering why you had two of those things.

5 comments:

  1. Turns out on my 1st video of Butterbean singing, you can hear that conversation between you and Butterball in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I always wondered!!!! Thanks so much Butterbean for explaining things to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I was, but I figured it was because Heavenly Father likes symmetry, but now I know the real reason behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA! Yes, thanks for clearing that up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, today I was rereading a bunch of your kids-isms, since I needed a laugh and I reread this. Mammals typically have 2 nipples for every offspring in the average brood size, or one for the maximum brood size. So if a cat has 8 then you can figure out that 8 is the maximum she will have in a litter, and 4 will be here average.

    The reason there is 2 for every offspring in an average brood is so you can switch off, so the nipples don't get too raw and worn out.

    Oh and triplets in humans don't happen naturally very often, and when they do generally the third would not have survived without the modern medicine we have today, so thousands of years ago, only two was ever needed and very rarely!

    Biology Brit, at your service:) Now you can sound all smart, and I hope it notices you that I actually commented, otherwise you'll never know that I commented on this post way back when.

    ReplyDelete