Sunday, April 5, 2009

Partying with family.

My son with his pants on backwards again. If he does it himself I am not about to correct him. It took work to get him to try and get dressed himself. My daughter was trying it at 18 months.
Butterbean, my sister Y, and her son JW at Ladies night. My sister, her friend, and her kids and I like to go to Ladies Night at Deseret Book on Saturday evenings while Priesthood session is going on. We go an hour early to get in line to get the free product and then hang out for 2 hours hoping we win something. We were worried last night that we wouldn't win and then it is not worth sitting around all that time. My sister's friend, Dar, finally one a CD and stuff. I won a CD that I will be giving to my sister for Christmas (It was HORRIBLE), some free food and a Lagoon pass. Butterbean begs me to take her to Lagoon all the time but because it cost so much I have not done it. So maybe we can now.

Thankfully Appleseed spent Ladies night like this for part of it.


Butterball asking our friend Dar for money. He begged and begged and begged for this Nephi figurine. When I told him I had no money he asked Dar and then my sister Y. He finally asked me to buy some money so that I he could get it. By the end of the night I did give in, he kept going back and getting it for over 2 hours. And it apparently was a good buy as that night he told me that Jesus had told him he liked his Nephi. Now if you knew Butterball you would know that Jesus and him are tight. They are always having piggie back rides, or talking, or flying around. Then he told me that he was going to fly up to Heaven to show Jesus and that Butterbean can't come because she might fall. And I can't go because I am "going to maybe my Uncle's house. Maybe Aunt T's house I think." It was so precious.

JW reading during Ladies Night. He was so good. He is especially good with my son, Butterball who climbs all over him.

My daughter is sadly motivated by food. Once I would not let her go outside, play her leapster, play with friends, or watch TV till her chores were done. It never bothered her much until I told her she could not have a doughnut. Lo and behold she whined, cried, fussed, yelled, and FINALLY did her chores. For conference my sister had given us a cute paper to color the speakers ties. She did 4 before she was done. The only way I could get her to remotely listen to "stupid boring conference" was to give her a mini marshmallow every time she heard a key word said that I had specified. I didn't hear much but we made it through. My son, Butterball decided every word was a key word and would constantly say, "He said, son. He said, love." It was cute though.
Today she told me that she had done a surprise for me again. She said the bathroom mirror smelled really good. I was nervous. She said, "I used water, soap, sanitizer, water, soap, sanitizer, and two squirts of No Tangle spray. And yes it smelled good and is very spotty. She is precious.


Butterbean and her cousin reading books at Ladies night.


My kids love to "walk home". Whenever we are some place they ask if they can walk home so when we are closer to home I let them out of the car and they walk while I slowly drive the car next to them. They love it. I am wasting gas but at least they are getting some exercise.




My daughter got to go to her cousins birthday party. It was a pirate themed party and she had a good time. I had to put the cute stuff on Appleseed just to see what he looked like.









3 comments:

  1. I love the blog, the pictures are great!! the kids are getting so big.

    You guys are welcome here anytime! I would wait until it warms up a little bit so that the kids can go swimming. Red Rock has a great hiking trail for kids. It has wonderful plants and animals for the kids to see, that is where we saw the rams. They can become Junior Rangers for this Park.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blog! The Pictures are great!

    You all are welcome down here anytime; but, you might want to wait until it is warm so the kids can swim in the pool, they will love it! Red Rock is beautiful! It evens has a kids hiking trail with beautiful plants and animals. That is the trail that we saw the Rams on. They can even become Junior Rangers at this Park!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're kids are too cute and too funny!

    ReplyDelete