Thursday, April 2, 2009

Some things we don't tell Dad.


This is how Appleseed is all the time. He loves looking up no matter what position you have him in. It is funny. When I am changing him he is always talking to the diapers or above the diapers. I have decided maybe a little angel hangs out right there.

We had banana splits for dinner for April Fool's. This is the face I got when Butterbean sat down. She immediately started complaining about the chocolate sauce I put on top. I swear she is never happy with her food no matter what it is. Something is always wrong. And of course she asked if she could have a snack after she finished her ice cream.


So I accidentally dropped Appleseed today. It wasn't very far, maybe a foot from the carpet, but it was horrible!!! And of course he cried so hard, poor guy. But worse was it happened in front of Butterbean who has the memory of an elephant. She drew this picture of me dropping him to give to her Dad. I tried to explain that some things we just don't tell Dad, he is very neurotic when it comes to the kids. She told him anyway, and re-enacted it for him too.
I have to tell you about Family Home Evening. We talked about stranger danger, "murglars", not opening the door and stuff like that. When I asked Butterball what he should say if a stranger offers him candy. He said, "Please." Great! The next day someone knocked on the door and Butterball was the first to open it. Thank goodness it was just my Mom. Later that day we were walking into the gym and Butterball says to the stranger next to us, "Hi, my name is ... and her name is ... and we go to gym." So I think NONE of that lesson sunk in.



3 comments:

  1. LOL...how funny that she drew a picture to rat you out...gotta love kids. Ashton just uses my phone now to text her dad. We can't get away with anything anymore...I have 4 spies..lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was watching a show in Qubo today (yes, I was that bored) and the characters all had this big noses that looked exactly like Appleseed's belly button!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! Was there a fire going in the middle of the floor when you dropped him? That's what the picture is telling me. You're one crazy momma!

    ReplyDelete