Wednesday, April 22, 2009

New bellybutton

I have decided that his tongue was attached to the belly button some how. Because now that the belly button is an innie is tongue is an outie. He is always playing with it by sticking it in and out. It is the cutest thing.Here is his new flat looking belly with the bandage on. It gave me the heebee jeebees to take that thing off. It was stuck very well too so I was glad that he didn't cry while I took it off. I was not ready to see what was underneath so it was just creeping me out.
Here is what it looks like right now. EEWWWWWWW! It has a gauze wick in there that I have to pull out on Thursday. That will really freak me out. When my daughter saw his belly she said, "Ewww that is gross. I do not like that at all!" I have to agree with her. I know I will love his new belly later but right now it kind of freaks me out. And I am so afraid of touching his tummy right now. He is still in a lot of pain and when that pain killer wears off he cries so hard. It breaks my heart. He still is not eating much so I hope when the pain goes away that he will start.
We took care of my sister's daughter today. My kids love having her kids come over and were very excited. She was hungry so I decided to feed her dinner as we had just finished. She took one look at it and said, "Ewww, I don't like this dinner." I told her she had to at least try it. And this is the face I got. So she then decided she didn't want to eat dinner at our house. Later on she came back and asked to eat the chicken. So I got her some and she ate it. By the 3rd serving she said, "I like this chicken but only a little." We had rice and peas with it. She said she likes rice and peas but not like that, she likes them separate. And she likes chicken but not with sauce on it. She is funny.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for watching my daughter. She is such a silly girl and a picky eater. She doesn't like what I cook neither, so don't feel bad. Did you know she left her shoes in the car and didn't have shoes while at your house?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor baby and poor mom...having to clean that wound, etc... so hard to see them suffer. Luckily he won't remember it at all....you'll remember it when you look in the mirror and see the grey hairs in the future ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad it's almost over....poor little thing. Poor mommie too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL...LOVE that face...she's hysterical. My kids are always inviting friends for dinner...I get a lot of that same reaction. I guess kids are used to what THEIR mom makes..and anything else is just gross.

    ReplyDelete