Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Appleseed surgery

Thankfully this is how he spent a good part of the morning waiting. It took an hour and a half before he went into surgery so I was glad he slept as I was worried because I had to stop feeding him at 3:30 AM. He was a little bit fussy when we finally got to have a check-up to see if he was ok to go through with surgery. Here he is with Daddy smiling. He adores his silly Dad.

In his bed, checking things out before surgery. He had to wear a girl's hospital pj's because they had no more boys. He looked so cute.
Here are his poor feet. Those made me sad. He got to have cute little hospital socks like grown-ups do. It was funny. The nurse wasn't sure she could get an IV in his foot because he is so chunky but she was able to after all. He hated the blood pressure cuff though. Poor thing.
Here he is after the surgery sleeping fitfully. If you moved him he just screamed. He wouldn't nurse for hunger but for comfort only. He slept off and on mostly. It was terrible for me to have to wait during that surgery. After it all his wonderful Dad let me go back with him in recovery as only one of us was allowed. Then when we got home he let me sleep for awhile which was awesome! Thank you hubby!!! And thanks to my awesome Mom for taking care of my two sickos at home while we were gone!!!

4 comments:

  1. Poor Baby! I hope this helps him to feel better so you can get some sleep! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's pretty enough to be a girl..looks like his mama! Such a sweetheart...so sad to watch him suffer. Hopefully this will soon be just a memory!

    ReplyDelete